The symbolism of colors in Ayurvedic
Ayurveda is one of the oldest holistic medicines in the world. Ayurvedic medicine is concerned with nutrition but also with colors. In Ayurveda, we refer to the 7 basic colors. These colors that influence our moods are called by the term doshas. These doshas, which are three in number, define a type of person.
- The dosha vatta represents a slim profile, slender, dynamic, undecided, emotional, anxious. This is a person who loves change and is fast to act. Its element is the wind, it is in the space of Qi (energy).
Its favorite colors are red yellow and orange.
- The khapa dosha has a solid and powerful profile. It sleeps a lot and can tend to gain weight. It is anchored, calm and reassuring and although physically resistant it fears cold and humidity. Its elements are earth and water and it has a side yin (the feminine).
Its favorite colors are red, orange, yellow and green.
- The dosha pitta is of medium profile. Its skin is white in nature and therefore can not stand the sun too much. It may tend to be authoritarian; He is often hypersensitive, his thoughts and his intelligence are lively. He runs away from the heat. Its elements are fire and water. It has a yang side (the masculine).
Its favorite color is blue.
Here is a brief description of each of the doshas in Ayurvedic. But can we go further on the symbolism of colors?
- The red color: it symbolizes fire. This color will then stimulate blood circulation, bone marrow and aims at harmony of the body.
- The yellow color: it stimulates our intellectual energy. The predominance of this color can bring power and influence.
- The orange color is more preventive. It can stimulate the intimacy of each one and allows the mastery of the emotions.
- The green color is soothing. It has the faculty to drive away sadness. It can also help a better oxygenation of our body.
- Indigo represents pure consciousness. This color soothes anger and helps in the realization of projects since it gives the will.
- Blue represents communication, brings intuitive understanding
- Violet symbolizes spirituality. This color generally leads to the gift of self and aspires to meditation